WWE Hall of Famer and wrestling icon Sting is one of the top stars in AEW and a fan favourite to boot. The former WCW and TNA Champion has wowed AEW fans for nearly two since alongside his tag team partner Darby Allin and shows no signs of stopping, despite being 63.
However, it has been revealed that Sting is not going to wrestling at AEW Double or Nothing 2022. This will be a sad surprise to fans attending the event, hoping to catch a glimpse of the wrestling legend.
The May 18 episode of AEW Dynamite ended with an injury angle where Sting’s left leg was destroyed by a chair attack from Kyle O’Reilly and the Undisputed Elite. This seemed to suggest that Sting and Darby Allin would battle reDRagon at Double or Nothing, but that could not be further from the truth.
Sting didn’t appear on last night’s go-home episode of Dynamite in Las Vegas. His absences was noted as he did not accompany Darby Allin at all during the show, due to the attack from last week.
Sting’s Injury was revealed by AEW’s Twitter account, revealing that Sting will not be at AEW Double or Nothing 2022 nor the AEW Double or Nothing fan meet & greet prior to the show. This will be a disappointment for fans who were excited to meet their childhood hero.
Darby Allin is rumoured to be facing Kyle O’Reilly at the pay per view, to add on to the following other matches on AEW Double or Nothing 2022.
- Hangman Page (c) vs. CM Punk for the AEW World championship
- Thunder Rosa (c) vs. Serena Deeb for the AEW Women’s World title
- Jurassic Express (c) vs. Ricky Starks & Powerhouse Hobbs vs. Keith Lee & Swerve Strickland for the AEW Tag Team championship
- Jade Cargill (c) vs. Anna Jay for the TBS championship
- Jericho Appreciation Society vs. Blackpool Combat Club, Eddie Kingston, Santana & Ortiz
- The Hardys vs. Young Bucks
- Wardlow vs. MJF
- Samoa Joe vs. Adam Cole in the men’s Owen Hart tourney finals
- Britt Baker vs. Kris Statlander or Ruby Soho in the women’s Owen Hart tourney finals
- House of Black vs. Death Triangle
- HOOKhausen vs. Tony Nese & Smart Mark Sterling (pre-show)
What do you think of Sting’s Injury? Let us know in the comments or click below to read more