Dave Meltzer’s Rating’s for the week ending August 12, 2022 have been revealed in this weeks episode of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter. The Weekly newsletter has been running for over 40 years and is one of the longest running pro-wrestling publications in history.
In his weekly newsletter, he chronicles the week in wrestling and all the latest news of the week. In addition, he rates matches from the week and gives them the famous Dave Meltzer Star Rating. He rates matches he has seen this week (although not every match gets rated due to a variety of reasons) with a “star rating” that he gives to every match.
The ratings usually range from 0 stars to 5 stars, with 5 being the best possible match. However, sometimes a match is so good that he has broken the scale and awarded matches a rating over the five star mark. For instance, Kenny Omega vs Kazuchika Okada has reached over 5 stars multiple times, with their last encounter gaining an incredible 7 star rating.
Dave Meltzer Star Ratings August 12 2022
Here are Dave Melzter’s star ratings for the week ending August 12, 2022.
NJPW G1 Climax Day 11,
- Yujiro Takahashi vs Juice Robinson 1.25
- Taichi vs Chase Owens 2.5
- Tetsuya Naito vs Aaron Henare 3.25
- JONAH vs Jeff Cobb 3.5
- Hiroshi Tanahashi vs EVIL 3.25
NJPW G1 Climax Day 12,
- YOSHI-HASHI vs El Phantasmo 3.25
- Lance Archer vs Toru Yano 1.75
- Zack Sabre Jr. vs Hirooki Goto 4.5
- Jay White vs Great-O-Khan 4.5
- Shingo Takagi vs Will Ospreay 5.5 (best match of the week)
NJPW G1 Climax Day 13,
- EVIL vs Aaron Henare 2.75
- Tom Lawlor vs Bad Luck Fale 2.5
- Juice Robinson vs El Phantasmo 3.25
- Chase Owens vs Tomohiro Ishii 4.5
- JONAH vs Kazuchika Okada 4.75
NJPW G1 Climax Day 14,
- Yujiro Takahashi vs YOSHI-HASHI 2.25
- SANADA vs Chase Owens 3.25
- Tama Tonga vs Taichi 3.5
- Lance Archer vs JONAH 2.75
- Tetsuya Naito vs KENTA 4
NJPW G1 Climax Day 15,
- El Phantasmo vs David Finlay 4
- Tama Tonga vs Great-O-Khan 3.5
- Kazuchika Okada vs Tom Lawlor 3.5
- Hirooki Goto vs Hiroshi Tanahashi 4.25
08/05 AEW Rampage,
- Jon Moxley vs Mance Warner 4
- Swerve In Our Glory vs Nese & Woods 3.5
08/06 AEW Battle Of The Belts III,
- Claudio Castagnoli vs Konosuke Takeshita 4.75
08/08 WWE Monday Night RAW,
- Bobby Lashley vs Ciampa 3.5
08/09 WWE NXT 2.0,
- Apollo Crews vs Roderick Strong 3.75
08/10 AEW Dynamite,
- Andrade & RUSH vs Lucha Brothers 4
- Jon Moxley vs Chris Jericho 4.75
Let us know in the comments which matches you rated five stars and which matches you think Dave Meltzer got his ratings wrong on.
Hamish is a writer and podcaster and wrestling fan who is a key part of the Atletifo team.
After playing countless hours of WrestleMania X8 on the Gamecube, he discovered Rey Mysterio getting his head crushed by The Great Khali, and thus a love for professional wrestling was born.
He is also a Media Graduate, as well as writing for multiple sites about Premier League football and the culture of Wales – his home country.