Social Media is a powerful tool in our modern era and few are as aware of that fact than the WWE Superstars. Wrestlers have taken it upon themselves to make their social media accounts – Twitter, Instagram and the like – an extension of their characters and to promote themselves to the fullest.
Zack Ryder (Matt Cardona outside of WWE) was the first to utilise these new tools. He turned his Youtube channel and Twitter account into a means to promote his character, which was not being featured regularly on TV at that time. He eventually grew his following to over a million and forced WWE to promote him as a featured character on TV.
WWE Superstars also use Instagram as a way to promote their projects outside of WWE. A number of female WWE Superstars use their social media to post snaps of recent photoshoots, or to promote any up-and-coming projects they may have coming up.
See below for a complete list of the Most Followed WWE Superstars On Instagram and let us know which ones you were shocked were included as part of the list.
- 1. Logan Paul = 24.1 Million
- 2. Ronda Rousey = 16.0 Million
- 3. Roman Reigns = 6.7 Million
- 4. Randy Orton = 6.5 Million
- 5. Alexa Bliss = 5.9 Million
- 6. Sasha Banks = 5.6 Million
- 7. Becky Lynch = 5.5 Million
- 8. Charlotte = 5.0 Million
- 9. Natalya = 4.7 Million
- 10. Finn Balor = 4.5 Million
- 11. Seth Rollins = 4.4 Million
- 12. Rey Mysterio = 4.1 Million
- 13. The Miz = 4.0 Million
- 14. Dolph Ziggler = 3.5 Million
- 15. Mandy Rose = 3.3 Million
- 16. Carmella = 3.3 Million
- 17. Bayley = 3.2 Million
- 18. Sheamus = 3.2 Million
- 19. Naomi = 2.9 Million
- 20. AJ Styles = 2.5 Million
- 21. Asuka = 2.1 Million
- 22. Edge = 1.9 Million
- 23. Liv Morgan = 1.9 Million
- 24. Jimmy Uso = 1.8 Million
- 25. Braun Strowman = 1.7 Million
- 26. Rhea Ripley = 1.6 Million
- 27. Shinsuke Nakamura = 1.6 Million
- 28. Zelina Vega = 1.6 Million
- 29. Drew McIntyre = 1.5 Million
- 30. Xavier Woods = 1.5 Million
While these are top 30 current WWE superstars with the biggest social media followings, one former WWE Champion holds the crown above all else. The Rock is the most followed wrestler on Instagram, racking up an astonishing 350 million followers.
Hamish is a writer and podcaster and wrestling fan who is a key part of the Atletifo team.
After playing countless hours of WrestleMania X8 on the Gamecube, he discovered Rey Mysterio getting his head crushed by The Great Khali, and thus a love for professional wrestling was born.
He is also a Media Graduate, as well as writing for multiple sites about Premier League football and the culture of Wales – his home country.