Brock Lesnar vs Roman Reigns
Roman Reigns and Brock Lesnar have wrestled each other 8 times in WWE, including singles matches, triple threat matches and Fatal 4 Way Matches. They have main evented Wrestlemania 3 times against each other, we both men winning 1 match each (Seth Rollins cashed in his Money in the Bank contract to add himself, and win, their first match at Wrestlemania 31).
The series of matches has drawn the ire of the fans, who are in desperate need to see anyone other than the two men in Championship matches in WWE. Both men have had more than one year long World title reigns in WWE, with the duo considered two of the best WWE wrestlers of all time.
Whilst Brock Lesnar and Roman Reigns have faced off in the ring 8 times (not including Royal Rumble matches), how many times has Roman Reigns beaten Brock Lesnar?
How many times has Roman Reigns beat Brock Lesnar?
Roman Reigns has beaten Brock Lesnar 5 times throughout their 9 encounters, one more than Lesnar’s 3 times. Roman Reigns first victory over Brock Lesnar came at Fastlane 2015, in a triple threat match also including former Shield member Dean Ambrose (now Jon Moxley in AEW). Roman Reigns pinned Dean Ambrose to win the match, making it that neither Brock Lesnar or Roman Reigns pinned each other in their first two matches.
Lesnar would go on a winning streak against Reigns next, however. He pinned The Big Dog in a Fatal 4 way match for the Universal Championship, also involving Braun Strowman and Samoa Joe, at Summerslam 2016. Brock Lesnar would also defeat Roman Reigns in the Wrestlemania 34 main event and at the WWE Greatest Royal Rumble 2018, defending his Universal Championship both times.
Roman Reigns would get his first singles victory of Brock Lesnar at Summerslam 2018, pinning Lesnar with a spear to win his first WWE Universal Championship. Roman Reigns would not lost to Brock Lesnar again, picking up wins against The Beast Incarnate at WWE Crown Jewel 2021 and Wrestlemania 38.
His last victory over Brock Lesnar came at Summerslam 2022. Roman Reigns defeated The Beast in an incredible last man standing match to get his fifth (and final) victory over Brock Lesnar, ending a 9 year rivalry between the two superstars.
Some facts about Roman Reigns beating Brock Lesnar include:
- Roman Reigns leads Brock Lesnar 5-3 in victories in 8 matches. Seth Rollins is the sole other victory in their bouts
- It took Roman Reigns until his sixth encounter with Lesnar to finally pin him (at Summerslam 2018)
- No duo have main evented more Wrestlemania’s together than Brock Lesnar vs Roman Reigns (both The Rock vs John Cena & The Rock vs Steve Austin have main evented twice compared to Reigns vs Lesnar’s three Wrestlemania main events)
- Only Triple H (7) & Hulk Hogan (8) have main evented Wrestlemania more times than Roman Reigns (6). Brock Lesnar has main evented 4 times, three of them against Reigns.
- Brock Lesnar has not defeated Roman Reigns since 2018, when he beat him in Saudi Arabia in a Steel Cage Match at The Greatest Royal Rumble
Brock Lesnar and Roman Reigns 9 matches together (not counting Royal Rumble matches) are as follows (winners are in bold);
- Wrestlemania 31 – Roman Reigns vs Brock Lesnar vs Seth Rollins
- Fastlane 2016 – Roman Reigns vs Brock Lesnar vs Dean Ambrose
- Summerslam 2017 – Brock Lesnar vs Roman Reigns vs Samoa Joe vs Braun Strowman
- Wrestlemania 34 – Brock Lesnar vs Roman Reigns
- Greatest Royal Rumble – Brock Lesnar vs Roman Reigns
- Summerslam 2018 – Roman Reigns vs Brock Lesnar
- Crown Jewel 2021 – Roman Reigns vs Brock Lesnar
- Wrestlemania 38 – Roman Reigns vs Brock Lesnar
- Summerslam 2022 – Roman Reigns vs Brock Lesnar
It is unknown whether or not Brock Lesnar vs Roman Reigns will take place again at WWE. Brock Lesnar is not currently booked for any WWE shows, whilst Cody Rhodes vs Roman Reigns seems to be a future big money match in WWE.
Did you know how many times Roman Reigns beat Brock Lesnar? Let us know in the comments or click below to read more
Hamish is a writer and podcaster and wrestling fan who is a key part of the Atletifo team.
After playing countless hours of WrestleMania X8 on the Gamecube, he discovered Rey Mysterio getting his head crushed by The Great Khali, and thus a love for professional wrestling was born.
He is also a Media Graduate, as well as writing for multiple sites about Premier League football and the culture of Wales – his home country.