Many characters who were missing from WWE 2K22 have been added into the WWE 2K22, adding to an already exceptional amount of wrestlers present on the game.
While people were asking when will Chris Jericho and Cody Rhodes be added to WWE 2K22, there were even more current WWE star who had their characters hidden behind the disappointing MyRise mode in WWE 2K22.
Dominik Dijakovic, or T-BAR as he was known in retribution, had his T-BAR persona in the base game but his NXT model as Dominik Dijakovic was only available to use inside the MyRise. He campgined on Twitter for 2K Games to add him onto the base game, as well as other stars who missed out.
Alexa Bliss, King Booker, Baron Corbin, Nikki Cross, Shinsuke Nakamura and Shawn Michaels were also characters who weren’t available to play with on the main game. However, due to the campaign by Dijakovic, 2K games have listen and made those new wrestlers available to be used in the main game, including Universe Mode.
WWE 2K22 new wrestlers
The new wrestlers added to WWE 2K22 (not including DLC wrestlers) are;
- Dominik Dijakovic
- Alexa Bliss (2020)
- King Booker
- King Corbin
- Nikki Cross
- Shinsuke Nakamura
- Shawn Michaels (2018)
WWE 2K22 also released a patch to help fix some issues with the game. On Monday 16th May, they released the 1.12 patch which you can read about below.
- Various adjustments to moves to improve collision and targeting
- Fixed warping and deforming when performing Elbow Drop
- Added several moves to Signature and Finisher categories
- Fixed a bug that would allow attributes to be set higher than 100
- Fixed a bug that would allow roll outs to occur during certain handicap matches
- Fixed bugs that would cause certain springboards to not be in sync when playing Elimination Chamber matches
- Fixed a bug that would cause Superstars to “float” when performing various attacks on the ladder
- Improved barricade hit reactions
- Fixed bugs that caused weapon damage to sometimes not register correctly
- Fixed a bug that prevented Middle Rope finishers from functioning
- Fixed a crash that can occur when playing a 4way tornado tag match
- Added a descriptions PC Graphics settings
- Improved stability when accepting invites throughout the title.
- Fixed issue which prevented downloading of Superstars based on shared crowd signs.
- Various tweaks and improvements to CAS parts to improve clipping bugs
- Crash fix for editing base custom side plates when lettering has been applied to them
- Fix a crash that can occur when copying side plates after making changes to them
- Fixed a crash that can occur during the Kendo Karnage storyline
- Fixed a bug that prevented minor shows from being created
- Fixed a crash that can occur when transitioning from the edit superstar menus in Universe and Create a Moveset
- Fixed a crash when deleting custom images that are in use within Universe modes
WWE 2K22 has recently released a new DLC pack, the Most Wanted Pack. This packs adds Mick Foley to WWE 2K22, as well as other stars like Vader and The Boogeyman.
What new characters do you want to see added into WWE 2K22? Let us know in the comments or click below to read more
Hamish is a writer and podcaster and wrestling fan who is a key part of the Atletifo team.
After playing countless hours of WrestleMania X8 on the Gamecube, he discovered Rey Mysterio getting his head crushed by The Great Khali, and thus a love for professional wrestling was born.
He is also a Media Graduate, as well as writing for multiple sites about Premier League football and the culture of Wales – his home country.